Remember the HOLI One Colour Festival I attended earlier this year? Well the FedGroup Colour Me Crazy 5km Run & Colour Festival is keeping all that colour lovin’ going with an easy fun run (or cycle – will tell you more about that) followed by a huge, well-deserved party.
Joburg had their chance for colour craziness back in September with an event that saw 10 000 people of all ages join in on the fun…
And now it’s the Mother City’s turn on Sat, 26 Oct at the West Coast Ostrich Ranch.
What can you expect?
- As I mentioned above, things kick off with a 5km colour run. OR for those bike loving folks out there, you can now do the route on mountain bikes. The cyclists will kick off the 5km and will be followed by the runners through the colour route.
- This is then followed by live performances by Goodluck, Locnville, iScream & The Chocolate Stix, Roger Goode, Dean Fuel, Steph Be and more.
- There will be a variety of food & drink stalls.
- Plus prize giveaways, including Samsung cameras which are up for grabs for best dressed individuals & teams.
- Crazy outfits are encouraged, and colour explosions are to be expected throughout the day.
What do you need to take note of?
- Venue: West Coast Ostrich Ranch, Van Schoorsdrif Road Philadelphia, off N7, Cape Town
- Date: Sat, 26 October 2013
- Registration and Times:
Doors Open 9am.
Registration: 9am to 11am.
Race Start – 11am ( Bicycles)
Race Start – 11:30am ( Runners)
Festival Start – 12pm
- Ticket prices: Tickets are R290, or R320 with a T-Shirt
Early Bird Special for Bikers until 19 October: R270 (R320 after the 19th October)
Kids Under 6 Years – Free
Tickets can be purchased at www.quicket.co.za
BUT LISTEN UP: I have 2 sets of double tickets to giveaway to two lucky readers. All you have to do to be in the running is send the following tweet:
Terms & Conditions:
- This giveaway is for the tickets only. No travel included. Winners must be able to get to the venue on their own.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries close at 5pm on Wed, 16 October 2013.
- There will be 2 winners drawn, each receiving 2 tickets.
- The winners will be determined by lucky draw & announced here on my blog and on Twitter on Thu, 17 October 2013.
I’ll leave you with the official video from the Joburg event to further tempt you:
Looks fun, no? Happy Friday all. And good luck to all those entering.